Yesterday, Sarah Allen (http://fromsarahwithjoy.blogspot.com/) published a post on ten things that make her happy. It made me think about what makes me happy, so I’m picking up this theme and passing it along. What makes you happy?
In no particular order:
1. Artichokes. Those green, spiky-looking vegetables a lot of people don’t eat because they’re put off by their looks. Can’t imagine anything tastier than a fresh artichoke heart with butter, except for…
2. Lobster, those spiny-looking crustaceans with meat that tastes like heaven. Also with butter. I guess I’m into spiny and spiky looking food.
3. Sailing. Check out my recent post: Sailing, Sailing Away
4. 70s music. Yes, this is my favorite era. Danceable, easy-to-remember lyrics. How about Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons’ Rag Doll? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwuL3Up_mpg
5. A great screen kiss. Sarah and I agree on this, but I like mine from classic movies. For example, Deborah Kerr and Burt Lancaster on the beach in From Here to Eternity.
6. A good book. The list would go on forever, but the one I enjoyed the most in recent years is A Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern. The book is magical, literally and figuratively. Go to http://www.amazon.com/The-Night-Circus-Erin-Morgenstern/dp/0307744434 to read more about it.
7. Renaissance paintings. I focused my last A-Z April Blogging Challenge on Renaissance artists, and it was a joy from, well, A to Z.
10. Antique cars. My first car was a Ford Model A phaeton, and I’ve been in love with old cars ever since.
So that’s my list. Would love to see yours!